Nagpur: Maharashtra chief minister Eknath Shinde along with deputy chief minister Devendra Fadnavis slashes prices of petrol and diesel in the state.
The price of petrol will be reduced by Rs 5 and diesel by Rs 3, announced the newly-elected chief minister on Thursday. This comes as a relief to the citizens as the price of petrol in Mumbai stands at Rs 111.35. Petrol in the finance capital is now all set to cost RS 106.35.
Diesel was holding steady at Rs 97.28 during the same period. It will now cost Rs 94.28
Other key announcements made by CM Shinde and DyCM Fadnavis during the press conference:
- All clearances were given for the Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train in the state, said Maharashtra Deputy CM Devendra Fadnavis
- All those people who went to jail during the 1975 Emergency were given a pension by the Maharashtra govt. This decision was
taken in 2018 but the last govt shut it down.
- Sarpanch of gram panchayat will be elected directly by the voters
- Farmers who avail of loans from banks and repay the loan on time to be rewarded with an incentive of Rs 50,000
- Swach Maharashtra Mission (Urban) 2.0 Mission” will be implemented in the state
- Booster dose to be made available free of cost for the next 75 days